There are so many good reasons to ride the bus:
- Bus riders save money. It’s the most economical way to travel.
- The cost of gas today is really putting a dent in drivers’ pockets. To find out how much you’re paying to drive, check out our “Compute Driving Costs” calculator.
- If you park your car even a few days a week you can significantly reduce its wear and tear. It will also help you keep the mileage down and the value up.
- If you have more than one car in your family you can sell one and cut your costs in half.
- Riding a transit bus is 79 times safer than car travel.
- Time spent on the bus can be used to catch up on work, read or just relax.
- Get exercise by walking more to bus stops or take your bike and ride the bus.
- Bus riders never have to worry about finding a parking place.
- Bus riders get to their destination rested and relaxed, not stressed-out from fighting traffic.
- Public transit plays a key role in reducing air pollution. Vehicles account for 50% of the air pollution nationwide.
- For every mile traveled, public transportation uses about one half of the fuel consumed by automobiles, and about a third of that used by SUV’s and light trucks.
- If one in ten Americans used public transportation regularly, the U.S. reliance on foreign oil could be cut by more than 40 percent – the amount we import from Saudi Arabia each year.