Careers In Transit
We have jobs to fill immediately! Hiring Bonuses available*
Tulsa Transit has several Full-time essential jobs that need to be filled immediately.
At Tulsa Transit you will receive competitive compensation & an outstanding benefits package. A career with Tulsa Transit is a great way to meet people and serve our community! Tulsa Transit’s mission is to connect people to progress and prosperity.
- FREE Employee Health, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance with AD&D
- Employee Pension Plan
- Employer match 457b Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
EOE/AA & Drug Free
Submit your resume or application by mail, fax, or email.
- Mail: Please forward resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
510 S. Rockford Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74120
- Fax: 918-599-7266
- Email: email@example.com
Current Job Openings
Career Opportunity: Customer Service Representative
Description: Courteously assists and meets the needs of MTTA riders through: answering phone calls, planning trips, explaining policies, recording requests, and establishing rapport.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree desired
- Customer service experience required
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and computer skills
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Ability to handle a variety of duties
Career Opportunity: Director of Transportation
Description: Oversees and directs the operation of the Transportation Department which currently includes Safety & Training as well as security. Duties include, but are not limited to overseeing approx. 125 employees, preparing / analyzing monthly reports, enforcing standards to maintain quality bus service, develop and implement operational strategies and projects, respond to grievances, and oversee all activities involving the use of transit vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of eight years’ experience in transportation or similar operation and three years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must hold a current CLD A or B Oklahoma driver’s license with air brakes and passenger endorsement or obtain one within six months of being hired.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public.
- Must have the capacity to deal with more than one problem at a time and deal calmly with employees and the public under stressful situations.
- Must be experienced in labor/union relations and contract negotiations.
- Transportation experience preferred.
Career Opportunity: Bus Operator
Description: A career with Tulsa Transit is a great way to help people and serve our community! We move people; we take them to work, school and all of life’s other important destinations. See our beautiful city and help people get where they are going. If you want a career where you are not stuck in a cubicle, we have one for you!
- OK CDL driver’s license with passenger endorsement or
- Paid training provided for Non-CDL Drivers *
* (Must have CDL Permit with Air brakes & Passenger endorsement permit)
Career Opportunity: General Maintenance
Description: Performs general maintenance for MTTA including: cleaning, moving equipment, servicing vehicles, retrieving parts from warehouse and other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- State of Oklahoma Class D Operators License
- Forklift license preferred
- Automotive experience preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
Career Opportunity: Mechanic
Description: Inspects, repairs, and services all MTTA vehicular equipment. Our professional mechanics have the opportunity to work on state of the art CNG buses in a high-tech maintenance facility.
- Mechanic experience preferred.
- Must be flexible and dependable.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Full-Time Position
Bus Operator – As a special promotion, we are offering a new hire bonus of $2,500!
Mechanic – As a special promotion, we are offering a new hire bonus of $2,500!
General Maintenance – As a special promotion, we are offering a new hire bonus of $500!