Unless otherwise noted, the Board of Trustees may discuss, review and/or possibly take action on any of the items listed on this agenda.
I. CALL TO ORDER and BOARD MEMBER ROLL CALL
Tulsa City Councilor Karen Gilbert
III. APPROVAL OF THE AUGUST 28, 2018 MEETING MINUTES
IV. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Anyone wishing to comment on an agenda item shall notify the board secretary of their wish to speak, as well as the specific agenda item that they wish to speak about. Each speaker will be allowed three minutes to present. No person shall be allowed to comment without registering with the board secretary.
V. COMMITTEE BUSINESS and REPORTS
A. Finance/Audit Committee – Marquay Baul
1. Review and approval of August 2018 Financial Statements—Scott Bosen (Action)
2. Review Ted Rieck Submitted Expenses—Scott Bosen (Action)
B. Marketing and Operations Committee—Joe Schulte
1. Purchase of New Lift Vehicles—Randy Cloud (Action)
Authorize the General Manager to execute a fixed price contract, with Creative Bus Sales for the purchase of eleven (11) Lone Star Promaster ADA buses for use in operating the Tulsa Transit “Lift” service and to negotiate final terms and conditions. This is a firm-fixed contract for an amount not to exceed $924,000.
2. Adoption of Connecting Progress Plan (Comprehensive Operational Analysis)—Liann Alfaro (Action)
In the fall of 2017, MTTA embarked on its first Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA) in almost 14 years. Later named the “Connecting Progress Plan,” the COA was led by Atlanta-based Connetics Transportation Group (CTG) and consisted of extensive data collection including counting boarding activity on virtually all trips on all routes, extensive analysis of US Census and other demographic data, public and stakeholder meetings, a two-day workshop with MTTA and INCOG staff and included Joe Schulte, MTTA Board member. Staff seeks adoption of the plan.
3. Upcoming Procurements—Jack Van Hooser (Information)
4. Facility Assessment Presentation—Randy Cloud (Information)
This item presents draft findings and recommendations regarding the facility assessment study conducted by HNTB with assistance from Cyntergy for MTTA. In April of 2018, the board authorized the General Manager to execute a task order for the facility assessment at a cost of $83,893.
C. Executive Committee—Marquay Baul
• Pending lawsuit—Ted Rieck, Deborah Boudreaux, Marcus Ratcliff (Latham, Wagner, Steele, Lehman) (Information)
Discuss pending lawsuit of MV Transportation v. MTTA and possible vote to enter executive session regarding same. 25 OS 307(B)(4).
• Collective Bargaining Agreement—Ted Rieck, Deborah Boudreaux, Steve Andrew (Andrew & Williams) (Information)
Discussion on the status of collective bargaining agreement negotiations with Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), and possible vote to enter executive session regarding same. 25 OS 307(B)(2).
VI. TRUSTEES AND GENERAL MANAGER COMMENTS
Members of the Board of Trustees and the General Manager will have an opportunity to comment on Tulsa Transit, its services and/or other issues related to Tulsa Transit. Action will not be taken by the Board of Trustees on these comments.
VII. NEW BUSINESS
1. Pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Meetings Act, new business is any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting the agenda. Title 25 O.S. sec. 311(A)(9).
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the
Tulsa Transit Board of Trustees will be held on
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM